Day 8 of the 31-Day Blogging Challenge (#31dbc)
Today, I finally had time to look at the list of bloggers who joined me on the blogging challenge, which is being led by Lesa Townsend. I actually read at least one post by each blogger.
Most of the participants are women who do some form of life coaching (spiritual, physical, business, dating, etc.). There are also a couple of homeschooling mommy bloggers and fashionistas, plus 2-3 business consultants and 2-3 male bloggers. About half were work-related blogs and half were personal. Brenda Huettner and I are the only Technical Communicators on the list.
What struck me was not the wide difference in politics, approach, focus, or writing skill. But rather, I was struck by the common themes, expressed by almost everyone, either in their posts or in their About pages:
- Make the world better by your actions and presence.
- Be conscious in your dealings with others.
- Be kind.
- Have a gratitude attitude.
- Our stories matter and are part of what makes each of us unique.
- We all want to be heard and understood.
- Many of us have quirky, interesting hobbies and interests.
- We all have something to contribute.